The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The applicant must meet the minimum age requirement. The JATC does not, and will not, discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability because of the disability of such individual. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under applicable law and lawful regulations issued thereunder.
NOTICE OF APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
FOR THE POSITION OF INSIDE WIREMAN (ELECTRICIAN) APPRENTICE OR INSTALLER TECHNICIAN (LOW VOLTAGE) APPRENTICE
The Lincoln Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee will accept applications year round for its apprenticeship programs. Applications will be made through our website, www.lincolnelectricaljatc.org or can be completed at the training office located at 1415 Old Farm Road in Lincoln, NE by appointment only. Applications are not mailed out.
To meet minimum qualifications for apprenticeship, applicants must:
Complete an online application form.
Be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply and 18 to be put to work.
Must be a High School graduate or have a GED and provide their official transcripts for high school and post high school education and training. All GED records must be submitted if applicable.
- Show evidence of successful completion of: one full year of high school algebra, or one post high school algebra course, or the Electrical Training Alliance's Tech Math Course.
- Obtain a qualifying score of “4” or higher using the electrical trades’ aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Veterans who provide a DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience and individuals who can provide the proper documentation to verify previous electrical construction work and/or training experience may also qualify. For details, contact www.lincolnelectricaljatc.org or phone (402) 423-4519.
- Prior to being registered, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants will be required to pass a physical examination and a drug test.
- At time of application, there is an application fee of $20.00.
Applicants who meet all basic requirements and receive a qualifying score on the electrical trades’ aptitude test will be interviewed by the JATC. Apprentices will be selected in order of their final ranking.